If you’re cozy in bed or in your house right now, please think of the folks who are homeless in areas that are getting worse winds and flooding. Think about the inmates in prisons that ARE NOT GETTING EVACUATED. Think about the scope of the storm and how even if it’s a Category 1, it’s fucking HUGE (the largest hurricane in Atlantic history), and its damages are way beyond a few showers and some wimpy gusts of wind.
Then think twice about making jokes about it.
Though an intense storm might be interesting hypothetically (and trust me, I’ve been there), it’s not so interesting when you’re navel-deep in water or have your home destroyed, so let’s get real and stop wishing for “more of a real storm.” This is as real as it gets, people. Lives are on the line.
P.S. it’s DISGUSTING how some people are saying “this storm is the gays’ fault.”
Some links to check out:
- 11 Most Disturbing Facts About Hurricane Sandy
- A Story of Hurricane Sandy Told Via Instagram
- Manhattan Is Flooding and Sandy Hasn’t Even Hit Yet
- Hurricane Sandy: View From Above (image feed from NYC)
- Sandy: Happening NOW
- Sandy could bring ‘catastrophe,’ affect 60 million
- Hurricane Sandy: Latest updates on flooding, power, roads and incidents